Thursday, June 3, 2010

Maniacal Avian Dive Bomber

This morning, when I was walking back from the mail box, minding my own business and looking forward to coughing up another ten pages on the novella; I heard/felt something flap over my head. Looked up, nothing. Continued on my way. I got only a few more steps when a bird swished down from the sky, its wings tapping my head, back draft tossing up a few stray strands of hair. The maniacal avian dive bomber circled around...and came back, diving right for my face, beak open wide. I ducked, just in time and the kamikaze flew past as I ran inside, crouched low and waving my hands back and forth over my head, like a yellow-bellied sap sucker.

Only got through about 7/8 pages today. Woke up later than usual, and had to deal with a family situation, so didn't get started until after 12 and my creativity was pretty much shot. Guess it just means more work for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment