Sunday, June 7, 2015

Beginnings

Wrote 604 words of my next novel today. It's not a lot, I know, but considering I got started late and did not even intend on working on this particular story, it's not a bad start, I think. I'm probably going to scrap it once I begin editing, though, because it sets up a relationship situation between the two characters in the scene that is anti to what I want them to have. In what I wrote, their relationship is in the past, however, I want them to currently be in a relationship. It fits with things better. But that's what first drafts are for, right? Experimenting and discovering.

I'm curious, have any of you writers ever written scenes or entire chapters which you later completely got rid of once you reached the editing phase. And if so, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment