Monday, December 28, 2009

Back from Christmas Break

Had a good day of writing today. I've begun editing a short story I wrote, "Remnants" about a former Nazi death camp officer who is haunted by the ghost of a girl he murdered. I sent it off to All-Story because they pay the most, and also because it's a much better story than a lot of the crap they've published in the magazine. Guess the whole ghost thing turned them off, yet it's much more literary than horror. It's not a ghost story, more about a  lonely old man's decent into madness. The ghost is just gravy. Thankfully Weird Tales is back in print, so in a few weeks I'll be sending it out the them. 

Got some work done on the as yet untitled screenplay I've been working on; the one I've had so much trouble with. I was cleaning up my office space on Christmas Eve-yes, that's how exciting my holiday was-and found a rough outline I wrote for it at least a year ago. Not really very helpful with the way the story has been changed around, but it did renew my interest in the project. Got started on it this afternoon and was just building up steam when my piano student who was supposed to be out of town today, showed up in the driveway. Ughhh. So, hopefully the inspiration will come back to me tomorrow.

If you haven't already, check out the special Christmas posting I did for DaJa Vu Films. It's funny if I do say so myself. My humor is a little twisted, though.

Also, if you're not watching Dollhouse, you really are missing out. Unfortunately, the first four episodes of this season are no longer available online. Good news: Season one is available on DVD!

No comments:

Post a Comment